Sunday, October 17, 2010

Today I am thankful not to be...

In the spirit of being thankful, I want to reflect on something I am really thankful I am not.  This post is a little late to the party, and I'm sure it's things a lot of people have already said.  However, I gotta say of all the things I wish I was a Chilean Miner is not one of them.  Scratch that.  ANY  kind of Miner.
I am so thankful to NOT BE A MINER.  I do wish I was a MINOR sometimes as I am not getting carded at an alarming rate these days..but, I digress.

First of all in general going deep into the earth to..well.. mine, doesn't sound like fun to me.  It's dark, hot, moist, gross.  I don't think I am cut out to do the work.  But, throw in getting trapped way below the earth's surface might top my list of 'things I would not like to do this lifetime'.  It may top my anti-bucket list.
When I hear that  they didn't even know for over 2 weeks if they would get out, that itself would have made be go coo-coo and lose my sh&%!, I am in a cold sweat thinking about it.  If I even survived that long when they did find me and told me I may have to wait 4 months to get out...I'm not sure that would be comforting to me.  I imagine in my mind finding that super human strength that some people get when they move cars off their trapped children.  I think I would be able to climb my way out. I'm serious.
Add to the fact that when they DID get out early they had to come up in a crazy tube ALONE.  Forget it.  I can't sit in the 93 tunnel in traffic without having an anxiety attack!  If you missed that one you can find that gem here .
As I watched the dateline special of all the miners coming out (of course I was crying), I sent a text to MFC (my favorite carpenter if you haven't been following) saying I was really glad he was not a Chilean Miner as well.  Somehow that sentiment doesn't translate well over text message...it sounds weird.  Trust me on this one.
Some people say 'Hey, I like you.  When you're gone, I kinda miss you'.  Or you know..something of the sort.  I say 'I'm really glad you're not a Chilean Miner right now'.
Yeah.  I'm an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment