Monday, October 4, 2010

Survival of the fittest?

This morning at the gym running I decided I was going to jump in on the Pilates class going on.  I've taken pilates before and I know it is no joke-at ALL.  But, I'm not gonna lie I was feeling a little cocky when I walked in and met Susan.
She did not appear to be very fit, and she wasted no time telling me she was close to the wall because she broke her pinky finger.  I'm not entirely sure how these two thoughts fit together, but to her they made total sense and I didn't want to question.  We chatted about how she did it and I got a full lay out of all of her ailments.  We all know a Susan don't we?
Not to be out done, I shared a bit of my incident with the glass in my foot.  She was concerned about my last tetanus shot, and of course of my impending infection. She made me a little paranoid.
Enter the teacher.  A very fit older woman who has a few kids and grandchildren.
She has recently had a full hip replacement on her right side.  I think to myself, PLEASE.  I've GOT this class.  I've got grandma and an artificial hip teaching me, and polly paranoia with her broken finger.
The next participant was a younger woman who I saw running earlier and I figured she was my competition....NOT that it is a competition.  Right?  Right.  Not at all.
The next woman spoke no English--she was fit and adorable.  However, I thought I had the advantage with the language barrier and all.  I was going to be fine.
Yeah.  I don't know what happened.  It was a great class, yet one that I could not get through without stopping multiple times because my muscles were screaming inappropriate things at me.  I kept looking at the clock thinking..did someone stop it??  It must be broken.  That was NOT only 3 minutes.
The clock was fine.  My ass was getting kicked by hypochondria superior to my right, and grandma with a plastic hip.
I feel awesome.  Did I mention it is not a competition?

On another note I wanted to share some funny Google search words/phrases that have taken people to this blog:
-Yummy Feet
-Piggyback rides
-Pumas and cougars

I'm not sure I've talked about piggyback rides or yummy feet..but, whatever gets you here, I'm happy to have you in my crazy little world!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog about the mosquitos eating your feet had 'yummy feet' in the title. FYI :)

    ReplyDelete