Thursday, October 21, 2010

This moment of solitude is brought to you by Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser

I love a clean tub.  For months I have been cleaning the tub with bleach and thinking that the slight grey hue on the bottom had to be a stain, because...you know, I was scrubbing with bleach.

Well, much to my surprise when I busted out The Magic Eraser a miracle happened, the hue IS GONE.  I was un-naturally happy about this.  Giddy you might say.
During my next shower as I was admiring the shower floor I had a thought.   Gosh, I haven't taken a bath in YEARS.  Years!  I wonder if this is a good tub for a bath?  Hmmm.
So right there, with the water running I laid down in the shower.  Yup. This would work for a bath.  I laid there for a minute imagining the bath to be had.  Then I sat up.
Let me tell you, if you haven't SAT in your shower while it was running you are missing out on a seriously fantastic moment.  I imagine it to be a lot like sitting under a water fall in Hawaii.  (Most likely because I have never been to Hawaii).  It is sublime.  Truly.  And, a little weird.  I wouldn't tell a lot of people about it..OK I would, because that is what I do but, I encourage you to have a secret moment with yourself and try it.
We did have an incident in the bathroom this week with a broken shower rod...my roomate had it fall down on her mid shower 4 times.  So, she is NOT feeling as zen as I am about the tub...
However, all our 'rod woes' are fixed and tonight there was a bath.
I'm talkin, bubbles (Johnson's night-time bubble bath and wash is NOT just for kids people), a spa candle, and some Magic 106.7.
Bubbles, relaxing scents and loud singing.  Happy neighbors I'm sure as well.
Thanks Mr. Clean. If it wasn't for your Magic Eraser and my own admiration of my cleaning skills...this may NOT have been possible.

1 comment: