Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...these are a few of my favorite things..

Tell me I can't eat pasta, bread, chips, pretzels, popcorn ever again in my life, and I would say OK and never think about it again.
Take away cookies, cake (please..take away cake, it makes me feel hostile).  No problem.
Try and take away my coffee and ice cream.  Well, now we have a problem!  I do try to be healthy but I have a sweet tooth and nothing takes care of it like a bowl of ice cream.  Sometimes chocolate can do the trick, but put that chocolate on ice cream and forget it.

Apparently this runs in the family.  This is the exchange that happened between my aunt and her 10 year old daughter last night.  To paint a picture Meaghan has always had a mouth wiser and wittier than her years, leading my aunt to keep a yearly list of 'Meaghan-isms' to send out with her annual 'after Christmas card'.

Meaghan:  'No offense, but I really don't like the school brownies.  Tnhey don't have the gloss on the top, like the hard shell shiny stuff' **(I totally agree here.  If it doesn't have that crunchy-ish top..it's not a brownie, it is cake posing as a brownie)**

My aunt:  'So, you like 'High Gloss' brownies then.'

Meaghan:  'Yup.  But, I like cupcakes better than brownies, and I like cookies better than cupcakes but I REALLY like ice cream better than cookies'  **(I give her major points for having such a well thought out dessert opinion, my aunt calls this her DFP&P- Dessert Food Priority & Protocol)

My aunt (clearly asking for it):  'Where would you put your mother on that list?'

Meaghan:  'But, you're not a food' **(GOOD answer Meaghan, VERY diplomatic.  It was NOT fair to make you choose between ice cream and your mother..no one EVER wins during this conversation!)**

My aunt:   'Well, let's just say I was thrown in the mix?' Pause.  Out loud my aunt says: 'Wait for it...wait for it', just loud enough for Meaghan to hear it..

Meaghan:  'How can anyone pass up ice cream??  At least you're second mum' **(I couldn't have handled this better myself)**

You may remember when I was 'cleansing' I had to give up my coffee.  That week I also had another 'cleanse' of sorts.  MFC (My favorite Carpenter) was away for a week.  I missed my coffee and him..a lot.
However, I have to say--on the verge of a coffee meltdown it was really a toss up to who or what I missed more.  This sounds like an insult...however, if I am missing you as much as my coffee- well that is the highest form of flattery.  Wow.  That was spoken like a true addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment