Thursday, December 16, 2010

I asked you answered: Part 1. Charles Bernard.

So, a while back I asked people for ideas on what you wanted me to write about.  Some thought my life is just so darn entertaining that I didn't need help.  Well, aside from dropping my plastic pitcher of iced coffee on my kitchen floor the other day and having it crack and spill everywhere like a tidal wave of Christmas Blend coffee that it was (naturally it was full), I have been kinda boring.  That was also a run-on sentence.
I said that you could comment here or on Facebook even just a word.  Heather, yours is coming.  I have to be careful with that one.
Today's post is courtesy of Charles Bernard, wedding DJ extraordinaire.  Seriously check him out---google The DJ Experience--I am too lazy to look for the link right now--CB feel free to link it in the comments.

He had two topics for me to address today:
1.  Gift cards are thoughtless gifts.
Well, wow Chuckie B.  Considering you actually GAVE me a gift card as a gift as a housewarming...I am now slightly offended!  On the other hand, I have to disagree.  There is one thing I like more than my Starbucks coffee, a really hot shower, and ice cream.  Work out pants that come in long lengths--and pajamas too for that matter.  You have no idea how hard they can be to find.  Wanna know what is better than that Charles??  Picking them out myself and not using my own money!! Enter the best gift ever--a gift card.  Unless you have found something unique or you know someone inside and out and know their taste and sizes, your gift is going to return land.  People are hard to shop for!  Not to mention so many people buy what they want all year anyway.
Also, the other thing that tops ALL of this for me?  Shopping the AFTER Christmas sales.  There is nothing I love more than some good old fashioned markdowns so they can make way for Spring in January.  I consider my part in making the weather warmer and stimulating the economy.  Everyone would rather stimulate the economy with a gift card wouldn't they??  As long as you pick the right store, totally thought-FULL!  Next!

Part 2.  Text tone.  To follow.  Y'all know you've got your own story on this one. Feel free to e-mail it to me.
Wanna be cool like Chuckie B?  Send me a topic for when I'm drawing a blank!

1 comment: