Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vacation-brain and yummy feet.


Al, you've been doing so good keeping up on your blogging!  What the hell happened this week?
Well:
1.  Comcast happened
2.  VACATION happened.  (Yes, I was yelling 'Vacation' right there, I needed it)

My plan was a really great blog on Sunday night for those of you who just can't get enough.  However, for the 800th time this month.  I couldn't get on the internet.  I knew all day Sunday at some point I had to bite the bullet and call, but I couldn't imagine sitting on the phone for an hour with another person who 'was going to try really hard to help me'.  I don't want anyone else 'trying really hard'...I want them to just FIX IT.
Long story short, the guy on the phone Sunday night could hear me on the border of crying with aggravation when he told me it sounded like the person who set up our Cable/Internet/phone set it up wrong...because he called it quits after 10 minutes and told me he would send someone out.  Perfect.  So..no blog.  However, 'Ron' from Comcast showed up this evening to help Siobhan and I out.  We sat down and pretty much played 10,000 questions with him while he worked. We know a lot about Ron.  He is 24 and going to Saco with his girlfriend and friends tomorrow. We know he failed the vision portion of his police exam and is waiting for Lasik. Then he will try again.   His girl wants to get married, him not so much.   I was convinced we had sufficiently scared him with our CIA style grilling until he gave us his personal number incase we had any other problems.  Ron knows what's up.  Siobhan and I are kind of awesome.  OK.  He pitied us, that is a more reasonable explanation.  But, it is always key to have someone at Comcast on your team.
Anyways, on Sunday I had a really great idea for a blog...and a couple of good ideas that I wasn't sure I wanted to use.
Then I went on a mini-vacation..and, forgot.  Yup.  Forgot.  My brain will (hopefully) be back to join us tomorrow.  My family is pretty much an episode of 'Modern Family' on most days, so I have a lot material, but I am going to choose to not think that hard right now.  Tomorrow is for thinking.  But, I will leave  you with this.  I have mosquito bites ONLY on the bottom of my feet.  Both feet.  I challenge you to tell me something more aggravating than waking up all night to itchy soles of your feet.  I have not a one mosquito bite anywhere else on my body.  Apparently I have delicious feet.  Thanks mosquitos.

2 comments:

  1. Something more aggravating than bug bites on your feet:
    A big black bee stinging your 8 year old vagina! Talk about itch and pain! True story. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's not jump to any irrational conclusions! please!

    ReplyDelete