Monday, August 9, 2010

Gaga...what are you trying to say?

Johanna was nice enough to comment on last Friday's song spoiler and reminded me of a double song screw up.
My ex was singing along with Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' and was saying 'tell me lies, tell me lies, no you can't tell me lies Poker Face'.
I in turn laughed at him and said NO silly it's:  'Can't read minds, Can't read minds, no you can't read my poker face'.
I retold this story to Johanna who laughed in MY face and said.  Um. No.  It's 'Can't read my, can't read my....' well, you get the picture.  I stand corrected.
This morning in the car I was re-telling this story to my roomate.   I told her there was another Lady Gaga lyric I make up, and I still don't know what it is.  It's in 'Bad Romance'.
I swear she says 'I want your psycho, your vertical stick.  Want you tomorrow when your baby is sick'.  I was certain this was wrong.  So, I looked it up.  Every lyric site is different!  What the hell is she saying?
I am confident that she is saying 'I want your psycho, your vertical stick.'  I'm pretty sure I know what she is getting at here.  Also, in another song she wants to take a 'ride on your disco stick'.  Gaga likes the stick.  But, some sites seem to think it might be 'Vertigo Schtick'...I'm pretty sure they are wrong, that just sounds like a dizzy comedian.  Most websites agree with me here.  
The next line however, no one can figure out.  Here are our options:

1.  Want you tomorrow when your baby is sick (my version)
2.  Want you in my rear window, baby your sick (most popular version, but I really think that is wrong)
3.  Want you in my room when your baby is sick
(all this baby is sick is just weird...why would you want someone when their baby is sick...they are probably contagious too.  Just sayin')

I tend to think the last part is 'baby it's sick'...but, what do I know?  Clearly.  If anyone knows the real lyrics..I really need to know now.  And, as Siobhan points out, 'it's funny that everyone is all about her..but no one knows what the 'F' she's saying?'  Her words.  Not mine.  Or maybe I didn't hear her correctly...hmm.

2 comments:

  1. youtube.com/watch?v=wYf2q7Vbrrc
    I think this will clear everything up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rear window; psycho, vertigo, and rear window are all Hitchcock movie references.

    ReplyDelete