Monday, November 1, 2010

November Focus. Request for ideas.

November 1st.  Holy Sh&*!  I told my family I wasn't talking about Thanksgiving plans until after Halloween.  Target had out their Christmas Hershey Kisses last week.  In (I'm very willing to bet) 10-13 days 2 top radio stations in Boston will have flipped their format to all Christmas music, and some of my friends are finished with their Christmas shopping.  I will be damned if we rush the holidays on our own!

However, it is now the day after Halloween, so we can now begin talking about Thanksgiving.  One of my favorite holidays.  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, pie...toss on a cozy sweater and what's not to like?
Last year I remember the 'gratitude attitude' epidemic on Facebook.  So, I'm thinking this months posts through Thanksgiving are all going to be about things I am thankful for.  Now, before you throw up in your mouth and sign off Definitely Decaf forever- don't worry.  I am going to put my own spin on things.  We all know you don't read this to hear about how happy things are, you read it because again, you are hoping my pants fell off in the grocery store or that I accidentally tripped the president or something ridiculous.  I know this.  But, let's be real.  If I can keep this up 5 days a week until Thanksgiving... that is 19 days.  That is a whole lotta thankful to not put my own perverse spin on things.

This week.  I am thankful for what I CAN eat.  Next week we'll see how thankful I can be.  This is where my request for ideas comes in.  So, as you may or may not know I am doing thing whole mind/body/whole foods eating/ filling emotionally program with the fabulous Elizabeth Johnson .
We are in our 3rd week and this Sunday begins my 'Cleanse'.  I have never believed in cleanses.  Ever.  I  think our body does a fine job of eliminating and cleansing on it's own.  However, the cleanse she is advising I totally buy into.  However, if I make it past 1 day I will be jumping for joy.  I have to keep telling myself, it's only 7 days.  Only 7.  I feel like I am about to quit smoking.
Next week I will be:
Caffeine free (check)
Alcohol free (that's fine)
Sugar free (I want to punch myself in the face)
Gluten free (umm...how am I going to figure this all out??)
Animal product free..like..no dairy, meats, etc. (Oh.  God.  Help. Me.)

My morning latte if you count the trace amounts of caffeine (which I will here for dramatic purposes) includes ALL of those categories..except the alcohol..you  know...unless it's been a REALLY bad morning.  Kidding.  But, seriously.  If everyone makes it out alive it will be a miracle.

So, if you are one of my gluten free, or animal free friends who have yummy recipes that fall into this category--it is time to tell me what you love to eat.  Like now.  Please.
Again.  Gratitude attitude #1-I am thankful for what I CAN eat this week!

1 comment: