Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is there a happy medium? Or should I say..happy grande?

Of course I never note my unremarkable experiences when I go get my coffee.  I don't need to, mostly because often things are quite remarkable for me during some of the most mundane things.

Take yesterday.  The Starbucks I frequent has an AWFUL parking situation.  It is off an extremely busy street and there are about 10 parking spaces.  It is not unusual to have to wait to park, or to pull in and realize you need to go back out to the street and find parking.  It is also not unusual to find people making 18 point turns in the parking lot, or to see people just kinda making up parking spaces.
So, after my MTEL exam and a nice run I was ready for my coffee.  I was in a good mood.  Stress free.  I pull in and I see a man in a jeep backing up.  I assume he is going to park in one of the 3 open spaces.  He backs up past me and I am hesitant to take a space.  He was there first, and he should have the spot he wants.  I wait a minute and he continues to back up.  Before I pull in, I make eye contact with him and make a hand gesture that I thought implied 'do you want that space?'.  I had a pleasant look on my face and mouthed the words.
He said 'F*%! You'!  With the appropriate hand gesture.  Then he refused to make eye contact with me.
He must have thought I said something else.  Happy Holidays.  Sigh.  I parked, and really wanted to get out of my car and yell loudly 'YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TO EF OFF WHEN I AM TRYING TO BE NICE!!  Not only is that NOT the Holiday spirit SIR...it just makes you an A&! H...ahem, I mean an UNKIND MAN!!'.
I am thankful I didn't do that.  I then wished people were a little nicer.
Careful what you wish for.
I went to get my coffee today.  I was texting a friend as I waited for my coffee.  The guy in front of me took his drink turned back around to me and said 'This is the best drink ever.  Would you like the first sip?'.  He then held the drink out expectantly.
Me: 'Umm..oh..no thank you'  (WHAT??)
Him:  'Are you sure?'
Me: 'Oh, I'm sure...thanks..'
He then got pissed and walked away muttering 'I was just kidding anyways'..you know the way you say your kidding when you are really just embarrassed and not kidding at all.

1 comment:

  1. I WAS ABOUT AN INCH AWAY FROM YELLING AT SOME INCONSIDERATE WOMAN WHO WOULDN'T PULL ALL THE WAY UP AT A GAS STATION EVEN THOUGH BOTH GAS BOOTHS WERE AVAILABLE. I KINDLY BEEPED AND SHE IGNORED ME... I THEREFORE HAD TO DRIVE AROUND HER AND BACK UP INTO THE SPOT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERS. IT TOOK ALL I HAD IN ME NOT TO SHOUT CRAZY THINGS AT HER... WELL, I AM GLAD I DIDN'T. I WAS ON MY WAY TO THE AIRPORT AND ENDED UP SITTING NEXT TO HER ON THE SHUTTLE. WHAT A TRIP THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IF I HAD INDEED SAID WHAT WAS ON MY MIND.
    PS: I DO WISH YOU HAD YELLED THAT AT THAT SILLY MAN!

    ReplyDelete