Thursday, November 11, 2010

Neon and thong leotards..I didn't get the memo.

Just when you think you have seen it all...

I took my Zumba certification today!  It was a long (9 hour) day of booty shakin', sweating, and fellow white people making awkward dance choices.
Other awkward choices today included one woman in a red turtleneck THONG leotard over black spandex capris.  I'm not joking.
Another awkward choice was the same look only the leotard had a scoop neck and a floral AND animal pattern.  I'm still not kidding.
This was not a good idea in the 80's and it's not a good idea in 2010.  I want to go on record saying no one looks cute in a thong leotard.
Also surrounding me was a whole lotta neon colors.  I did not get either of these memos.

I am thankful for having a small ounce of fashion sense...or at least the common sense to know that 9 hours in a sweaty thong does not a happy crack make.

2 comments:

  1. No word of a lie, today was 80's day according to Bally's gym. Someone had tweeted about it earlier today, so there was a modern-day memo (i.e. the tweet) sent out today, you just missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retro Zumba at my gym this week too, Ali! lol! I think you really did miss something haah! So how did it go, can you teach zumba now?

    ReplyDelete