Thursday, November 18, 2010

That's entertainment??

So, I had to drive about 40 minutes to the dentist today.  Actually the periodontist if we are getting technical.  I am pretty sure my dentist is in cahoots with the periodontist and they are just trying to get me for as much money as they can.   They are also in the business of aggressive cleanings there...you know..being all about gum health.  I was sent there to look at a patch on my mouth, and the periodontist decided I had other issues...This is all super awesome, and super interesting I am sure.
I threw on a hat this morning and ran out the door.  I got in the exam chair and the lady set to rip my mouth apart..I mean clean my teeth, asked me to remove my hat.  I wasn't counting on this--mostly because I am a girl and I don't often wear hats to the dentist...except on a bed head day.  It wasn't pretty.
Then of course as they always do they have to tell you all about their life and ask you important questions as soon as they have like 8 tools in your mouth and you are drooling like a teething baby.

This is not what this blog post is about.  I should be thankful I have gums.

What THIS post is about is the morning radio show which shall remain nameless that i listened to on my ride there.  Apparently, like a lot of morning shows, they do a sort of prank call.  Usually, these are kind of funny.  In the end the person who is no doubt engulfed with rage is told 'ha ha, just kidding!  It's your favorite radio personality!  Isn't it funny that you love me and listen to me everyday on the radio and you didn't recognize my voice on the phone?? Also, isn't it funny that I told you my name was Thisis Notreal--and you still thought it was real??' HA HA HA.  Funny!
However, THIS morning show has someone who suspects their spouse of cheating call in and tell the story.  The personality then pretends to be someone from a credit card company or somewhere and tells the spouse in question they have won a complimentary bouquet of red roses to send anywhere they want as a 'Thank you'.  The person receiving the call more often then not decided not to send it to their spouse..but to their LOVER.  THEN the person who called in with the suspicion usually confronts their spouse on the air!!!
Is this just one more sign that I am aging that I don't really think this is entertainment...that a week before Thanksgiving I think this is sad?
Not only am I thankful for my gums today...I am thankful I am not in that relationship, and that I don't find that entertaining.  Now someone call me up and tell me that I'm driving a stolen vehicle or something...THAT is funny.  No...it isn't. Also, I'm not by the way.  You know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I also listen to that show every morning and I find that segment on Thursday mornings very sad. And they ALWAYS send the roses to someone else. Doesn't anyone believe in ever lasting love anymore?

    ReplyDelete