Sunday, July 18, 2010

A not so pregnant pause..

I try and not let my insecurities get to me when it comes to pictures.  The key word in that sentence is 'try'.  I look back on some really fun times and sometimes the way I look..is not so fun.  It happens.  We all get bad pictures.  I'm not immune to that little piece of panic that you get when your phone alerts you that 'so and so tagged you in a picture' on Facebook.  You never know what you are going to find when that happens.  Never.  And I have played beat the clock to untag myself in a few photos.  BUT.  On the other hand, the truth of the matter is.  I'm human.  I don't always look good.  I go out in public after a workout and run errands.  I am not above running to target after rolling out of bed and throwing something on and just hoping I don't run into anyone.  I'm not someone who feels the need to be in 'full makeup' to go to the grocery store.
But, back to the pictures.  In may Gina and Troy got married.  (Maybe this will just be 'Gina week' here on the blog?)  I was in their wedding, and it was an amazing time.  That night I made it my personal mission to be on the dance floor and out dance anyone.  Apparently one of her cousins and I had the same mission, she had more drinks in her. She won.  These were pictures I was excited to see.
I was really excited that the photographer caught me and Gina's new husband Troy bustin' a little move.  I was less excited when I opened the picture up full size.  What the HELL happened??  Did I LOOK that bad in my dress?  When I'm not sucking in...does my gut really hang out that far???  Umm...am I four months pregnant and not get the memo??   The answer to these question are no and no.  The stars aligned at that moment.  Look closely.  There is a woman in black pants behind me in the photo.  All you can see is her ass and her legs. Perfectly blended into my black dress.  Look quick: pregnant.  Look close: ladies ass.  Thank you lady for giving me a glimpse into my future when I start having kids. Unfortunately, I love this picture of Troy and I...We are having fun--I just wish I remembered what we were dancing to...it must have been good to get my chubby pregnant ass on the dance floor!  However, on Facebook, I admit I am just vain enough to comment under the picture to clear up any misconceptions.  I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment