Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Top Moments Tuesday

It's my new feature- 'Top Moment Tuesday'!  Actually, it's my only feature and let's be honest, it's a little dicey if I will be able to keep it up.  However, I may have read somewhere that having something like this will give me more writing focus, and also give me an 'appointment' for my readers.  It also helps to keep me thinking about things to write about all week.  I also may have made that all up, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.  So, here we go.  Highlights of the last week on Tuesday- because everyone else does it on Friday.

- I mentioned that I laugh uncontrollably at inappropriate times.  Pilates class.  Very serious business.  If you are in the class you are either really earthy crunchy or in really expensive yoga pants.  I am/have neither.  You *may* also have a touch of pretentiousness.  I am in the class because I got a month half off on 'Buy With Me' and I couldn't afford it other wise.  It shows.  Not necessarily when I am in plank or doing other crazy weird shit some dude made up that makes me feel like I'm about to die, but when I act like a tall 12 year old.  Now, please know that you do some crazy, awkward things in class and it is all about 'pulling your belly button to your spine' and sucking in your stomach. Well, the girl who may or may not be my really good, friend next to me had some...gas.  No one heard it except for her and I.   She is obviously wanting to die.  But, that is it for me.  My face is red, I can't hold it in.  I'm trying so hard to be quiet.  I focus and tell myself 'self, you are 30 years old.  You don't need to laugh at farts anymore.  It isn't funny.  It isn't funny.'  Oh my god.  It was so funny.  Everytime we look at each other we get that quiet shaking laugh and we can't stop.  The more I try not to look at her the more I see her shoulders  shaking out of the corner of my eye.
The teacher (who took her first Pilates class 'at age three' with her mother--and it shows.  She is in her 40's and looks like she could be my younger blond sister) has now honed in on our immaturity.  She asks  if we are laughing at her..well, now I feel bad.  She's paranoid, no one likes to feel like your being laughed at and I said 'no, no I am so sorry--it's not you'.  She presses 'what is it?'.  My response in my crazy ab pose 'It's  not you, we are just idiots'.
This is where she told me 'you said the 'I' word.  The 'I' word isn't allowed in my house.
I'm also guessing laughing at farts is frowned upon in her house as well.

I did have other moments I was going to ad...but, I think that is all the ridiculousness I need to reveal for one night.

1 comment: