Monday, May 17, 2010

Dead End

Ominous title isn't it?
I almost threw my GPS out of the car window today.  I'm not even kidding a tiny bit.  I said things to my GPS today that really should only be reserved for cheating partners.  If anyone saw my on the side street in Somerville as she told me 'Your destination has been reached', and observed my reaction they would have thought I was crazy.  However, what they don't know is I was suppose to be in Arlington.  On a different street.
This is the third time she has done this to me since Friday.  It's Monday.  Friday night, I was heading home about 5 miles.  Cambridge to Belmont.  Not far.  However, in the dark I don't know my way-or in the light for that matter.  I was counting on her to take me home at 1AM.
It seemed a little strange that I went down a random side street and I knew I was in trouble as I sat in front of a large house in a cul-de-sac and she told me to take a left.  After sending me in circles for a bit she got me home.
Saturday, I was headed back from a friend's bachelorette party in Newport.  She told us in .2 miles to take a left.  Small problem.  The enormous Dead End sign.  Ahh.  That just draws so many parallels to my life right now.

So when she told me to take a left into--the BUSHES earlier, then when I made a U-TURN I had reached my destination...I kinda lost it.
To top off my night, I got to the gym and had my headphones...but, no I-Pod.  Running without an I-Pod is like getting a cavity filled without Novacaine.  For me anyways.  Luckily my irrational anger towards my GPS made me run really fast.  Apparently angry running is good running.
And just when I thought it couldn't get better, I left the gym and went to the grocery store.  I told my friends I was staying with that I would cook for them tonight.  It was going to be Chicken.
When I approached the meats, there was something off.  As in, there was NO chicken.  None. Not one pack of tenders, not one lone breast.  None. It was like it was milk and bread with a blizzard coming.  Why the sudden run on chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment