Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random thoughts of happiness.

I couldn't even blog for the past 2 weeks.  I was THAT sick.  Like I said, or if I didn't say it to you I'll say it again, don't brag about not being sick for  a year and a half.  That's when it gets you.  After the stomach bug, a cold that turned into bronchitis.

I managed on numerous occasions to alienate my co-workers.  The first time was in a meeting when I did the new 'right thing' and coughed into my arm.  I coughed phlegm right on my bicep.  There is no graceful way to get rid of this.  I just reached into my purse and cleaned myself up.  Then, in the middle of a group meeting I started a cough that you just don't come back from, so I left the room.  We work in a building with many other companies.  It was about 8:30 so everyone was coming into work as I triggered my own gag reflex and ran hacking to the bathroom as people ducked and stared like I had SARS.  It was so awesome.
I finally had to leave because I couldn't stop coughing  in my cube and my coworker was like 'REALLY??? I love YOU but, I don't love your cough'.  I didn't blame her.  It was all around nastiness.

BUT, today is a new day!  It's April, and it was a beautiful 89 degrees in Boston today.  I couldn't decide as I drove to my appointments if it was windows up with AC so I could sing, or windows down kinda day....
You know what I did.  Windows down and sang at the top of my lungs.
I got caught in Southie singing 'Bennie and the Jet's' at a stop light--and I didn't even care.
I also didn't care that I was at that stoplight and I watched this mom push the cross walk button in an OCD like fashion (because we all know that makes the light change faster) and then cross before it even changed.  I didn't care, because the guy next to me was DIGGING my Elton John impersonation.

I really brought it home on 93 South at 8:30.  I had just had my hair cut, my new hair dresser rocks and I was in love with life.  I'm talking Empire State of Mind/Alicia Keys in love with life.  Add to that my impending trip to the big apple and I was out of control.  I was singing like everyone sitting in traffic payed MONEY to hear me.  Lucky for them, I can actually carry a tune...but, it's still probably not the highlight of their night.  But, I just didn't care.  I was in THAT GOOD of a MOOD.
That is nice to say.  Good mood.  Singing in cars.  Good haircuts.  Yummy chili waiting for me when I got home..
And the cats.  Oh. Yeah.  There must be a cat in heat in my neighborhood because every night around 9 about 7 cats come to our complex and howl.  It sounds like a PERSON outside.  A person saying 'HELLLOOO', 'HELLOOO'...it doesn't sound fun.  You know what else doesn't sound fun?  Cat sex.  Did you know that male cats have SPIKES on their business???  As in the lady cat isn't going anywhere once he seals the deal.
Tonight, I am happy to not be a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment