Saturday, April 10, 2010

The nightmare before Easter

Two years ago I was asked by a place I used to work for if I would dress up as the Easter Bunny for Easter Brunch.  It sounded like easy money and I thought it would be fun!
Even better I thought, I will borrow the costume ahead of time and Easter morning I will show up at the houses of my friends with kids and surprise them.  To clarify, if I showed up at my friend's houses without kids, it would be creepy.
This bunny costume is like most fake bunny costumes, more frightening than anything else.  Also, it's hot as hell.  To paint a picture you really can't see out the eye holes, and there is latex on the inside of the mask so you feel your own hot breath on your face and sound like Darth Vadar.

This year, I had other obligations but, was able to get the costume the night before to do my bunny drive by's.  I stopped at my friend Connie's house and her kids-and cat for that matter- were so excited to see the Easter Bunny.  They showed me what they were coloring and were beside themselves.
Next I drove to Jen and Kevin's.  I parked down a little side street, got out of my car and started suiting up. Of course as I'm half in the bunny suit some guy has to ask for directions, and is seriously interested in my outfit.  Sorry dude, I'm just the Easter Bunny.
Now, Jen's parents were also there.   The whole family was outside by their swing set.
Jen and her family find me funny. Especially when dressed head to toe like Peter Cottontail, and when I do my 'hop' that I reserve for them because it makes Jen wet her pants a little.
Their oldest daughter loved it.  My God-daughter however had a different opinion on the Easter Bunny...Can you tell the two apart?

I always try to do my best to make my God-daughter happy!  Also, for the record, I hop down the street even after I am out of their site when cars of strangers go by.  It's a big responsibility wearing that costume--if I took my head off I could ruin Easter for some poor kid!  Oh...wait...looks like I already did!

No comments:

Post a Comment