Monday, April 12, 2010

I know who gave women a bad reputation...or poor habits.

Last evening as is always the case when I have a day off and want to watch TV, nothing was on.  So, 'How to lose a guy in 10 days' was what I put on for about half an hour.   I can't even tolerate that movie the whole way through because I think about the awkwardness that Kate Hudson's character causes and I cringe.  I cringe for women who act like that, I cringe for MYSELF for the dumb things I have done when interested in someone.  It's just a whole lotta shuddering.

However, I think I know who started this craziness.  Debbie Harry of Blondie.  With two songs she took women down.

Exhibit A.

'One way or Another'--This is a seriously creepy song when you listen to the lyrics.  'One way or another, I'm gonna find ya, I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, One way or another I'm gonna win ya I'm gonna--you guessed it!- Getcha, getcha, getcha.

Now if anyone says I'm gonna 'Getcha' to me, I'm sorry, I'm running in the other direction.  
As if that weren't bad enough, she goes on to say 'I will drive past your house, and if the lights are all down I'll see whose around'.  Ok.  Deb, if the lights are all down, he's not home or he is in bed.  No one is around.  Get a hobby!

Exibit B.
'Call Me'-  If you have to say to someone ' call me on the line call me, call me, call me anytime, call me, any day or night call me' 6 TIMES in 10 seconds.  I'm thinking he is not going to call...just saying.  That is just the first chorus.  

This is how women got needy.  Thanks Debbie Harry.  'How to lose a guy in ten days' actually should have just been a montage of Blondie songs.  Go ahead.  Try it out on your next bad date- start quoting either of those songs.  I guarantee that he will never call you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment