Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hush hush...this is scary.

As you may know there are few things I like more than messed up song lyrics...typically I prefer them to be out of the mouths of others, but that is just my competitive nature.
Today my mind was blown in math class.  No, not with fractions--although they blow my mind in so many other ways..but, when a classmate started singing me a song.
You have to understand my math group.  We are the loudest table, mostly because of me and another guy.  He is super math smart and can't help but shout out the answers, and I am not as blessed in the math department but still can't keep my mouth shut...shocking.
One of our other group members was, I think encouraging me to perhaps pipe down when she said don't make me sing the song to you...and she sang:
'hush, hush.  Keep it down now, voices carry'  I did not know this song..but, I knew the tune!
I looked at her in shock 'Is that what she says???'  (the group is 'Til Tuesday' I think)
'Yeah'
I thought the lyrics were 'ohh, hush.  We go downtown, this is scary'.
My version totally makes sense, it is clearly not a great downtown area, so you want to keep your voice down and just get where you are going..and damn it, it's scary!  Then I interpret that it really has something to do with love and that being scary....yeah.  That isn't what it means at all, 'cause those aren't the words.

I will tell you something else that is scary.  The fact that being in school makes me understand why college kids are always in their pajamas.  Why change?  I'm just doing homework...I thought maybe I would be excited to get dressed and go to class--while I do not where pajamas to class I am over getting dressed up.  For years I have been getting dressed in skirts, dresses, dress pants, heels, full makeup--all of it for work.  I missed that when I was unemployed.  However...now, I do homework, work out, teach dance...Why would I put on regular clothes...I took it to a new low today when I went to get coffee and wore my slippers as shoes..What?? All the other kids are doing it.  Did I mention I was still in my pajamas?  Granted, my pajamas were yoga pants a tank top and a hoodie...no one knew, unless they saw the sheet mark still on my face.
I'm starting to look like a commercial for anti-depressants.  

1 comment:

  1. I thought those were the lyrics too! But I am notorious for getting the lyrics wrong, so that's probably not that comforting.

    ReplyDelete