Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Are you sure your Irish?

Last year I told you about my super awesome St. Paddy's day outfit in 5th or 6th grade.  Fortunately, there are no pictures of this nightmare that I thought was so awesome however there is a full description here.

Besides remembering my poor fashion choices what is my biggest nightmare?  4 words.  Corned. Beef. And. Cabbage.  To me this is one big pot of awful.  I am not a fan of boiled dinners all around, I don't know what it is...no..I do. It's the sogginess of the veggies, and the fact that everything tastes the same. Like carrots.  I enjoy carrots, but I like my carrots to taste like carrots and my potato to taste like potato, and my meat to taste like meat...not meat carrots.
Cooked cabbage?  Well, that is one big salty fart.  Raw cabbage, yum.  Cooked cabbage salty farts.

So naturally, I am dating someone who hosts St. Patrick's day dinner every year and corned beef and cabbage is 'the thing'.  I've been getting horrified looks for months when I confess that this is my  #1 hated meal (followed closely by pot roast).  I get the 'this could be a deal breaker look'.  So, I have promised I would try it.  Who knows, I may like it this year!  I didn't know I liked brussell sprouts until I met his family and have had 3 separate brussell sprout revelations--seriously YUMMY stuff.  I could change my tune...but, I'll pack a sandwich just in case.  I got the Irish skin and freckles, but the Irish taste buds...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment