Wednesday, March 17, 2010

During the feminist movement was in 'Erin Go Bragh-less' on St Paddy's day?

I vividly remember one St. Patrick's day that my parents should have intervened on my fashion choice.  I was in 5th grade and I put together one fantastic outfit.  Picture this--if you will.  I was about 4'8 and scrawny as could be.

My mom's 'Kelly green' ribbed v-neck sweater
1 white turtle neck
A different green shaded pair of footless tights with the lace on the bottom
Over those?  A pair of stretch pants that I CUT into SHORTS
Black boots.

I accessorized this with not only shamrock earrings and a 'kiss me I'm Irish' pin, but also somehow I got my hands on a green St. Patrick's themed garter.  Yes.  Garter, that I wore in my hair in a high side pony tail as a SCRUNCHY.
With my electric blue glasses and multi colored braces.
It doesn't get much hotter than that folks.  I'm guessing I got my sense of style from my Great Grandmother--at least her 'greens' matched!


mail.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment