Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How you can tell we don't have kids...

This (of course) is something that falls into the category of 'TMI', so don't say once again that I didn't warn you.  *You have been Warned*

So, tonight when I got home from work we went for a run at the park near our house, came home and I hopped in the shower while Brian started dinner.
I had just gotten dressed and settled when I heard a knock at the door--I look through the peep hole (I love the peep hole..everyone looks so funny!) and it was our downstairs neighbor.
Of course she comes into our house for the first time when it looks like a bomb has gone off, and I have wet shower head.  Why wouldn't she?  So, I apologize for the nightmare we are living in, and imagine her neat kitchen table and everything put away in her home.  Sigh.
Anyways, she had a leak in her ceiling and was coming to see if we had water come in somehow to cause this problem.  We had no explanation for her so we got to chatting.  About our neighbors, her job etc.
She mentioned she was very 'detail oriented'.
'While some people see the big picture, I can only see the small details--if your car is here, if it moved, what is placed where--things like that, I really notice everything'.
After she left is when I noticed our bottle of 'Astroglide' on one of our living room tables in plain site.  Right next to a picture of us, a candle, and some birthday cards.  The table that you immediately look at when you walk in.
We clearly weren't expecting company that didn't focus on the 'big picture'.  File this under 'more awkward moments'.

No comments:

Post a Comment