Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

I for some reason was obsessed for a period in I think middle school with that Fleetwood Mac song...
However, it seems to be my blog theme as my last post was not, in fact, my 'last' public post.  This might  be...  My problem is I discovered that when I go private I can only have 100 readers...this kinda cramps my style...there are more than 100 people who read this (who knew??)!
After an email from one reader sayin' they were 'Jonesin' for some decaf--trust me you CAN jones for the decaf, I realized that on this eve of my spring break I am jonesin' to write.  I'm jonesin to write about anything that does not involve school work!  I love being back in school, but let me tell you when I looked at the rest of my semester and all there is left to do all I could say is 'how WILL this all get done??'.
Anyways.  Enough of that.  What is new and what is on my mind?
Driving in the Cambridge area.  Since the extreme snow fall this winter for a while we were stuck with snowbanks well above our heads.  My town has maintained a 24 hour parking ban for the last month even though the snow has gone down.  Driving in my area is already a bit like playing an intense video game.  Most of the time you are dodging:

1.  Pedestrians.  Not just any pedestrians.  Well...some are just your regular run of the mill pedestrians, but mostly they are multi-color leg-warmer wearing, crazy haired, pachouli scented pedestrians.  They are lovely and very zen...or stoned.  However, they definitely don't look before crossing the street.

2.  Bike riders.  I know I have to share the road, and I LOVE that this area is filled with active people, but some cyclists do not know proper etiquette and I am trying to get to class doing 15 miles an hour because he won't move to the right.  Everyone who knows me knows that I always do at least 20 mph on side roads...35 on the highway ;-)

3.  The 'T' Bus.  SAVE YOURSELF.  The buses do not care about you.  They don't need you, they don't need anyone.  T buses do not have to look before pulling out.  If they hit you they can go.  They are the 'T'.  Seriously.  If you have driven next to one, you know what I am talking about.

All of these things are an biggest lose obstacle course within itself.  However, today was recycling week.  People decided that even though their snow bank has melted low enough to leave their bins on top of it for the collectors, that it was a better idea to place them in the street.  No.  They did not blow there.  They were PLACED in the road.  So while I try to dodge the cars parked on the right, rainbow bright on my left, and billy bike rider in front of me I am also driving down the street with a recycle bin full of pasta boxes under my car.  Sweet.

In other news I decided today that enough is enough.  I am wearing some hibernation weight.  Nothing crazy just an extra layer of warmth for the winter.  It's March.  Time for it to go.  Why I have this extra layer when I work out 4-5 days a week and teach dance 2 days a week I'm not quite sure...However, it doesn't matter.  After trying on my bathing suit the other day (I couldn't start that paper without knowing how my bathing suit looks right??) and lapsing into a deep depression, I started a diet.  The next day I started again.  For the past month I have started a diet every morning and by lunch time said eh....
This morning enough was enough.  So..if you see me and I look cranky...I am.  I want a snack.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ali you made my day.
    keep on writing it's better than therapy!

    "Jonesin"

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did I miss this post? Happy I discovered it. it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete