Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Procrastination station. The Easter edition.

Signs of Spring.  I stood in MFC's window yesterday morning looking at about 6 Robin's hopping around the neighbors yard.  I'm always so happy to see those little red breasted birds!  Spring is here!  I am also fascinated by the way they hop..turn their head to the ground and listen for their prey.  Then MFC told me they hop so it sounds like rain to draw the worms to the surface.  I had never heard this theory!  Brilliant!  Then I found out he had never seen them 'listening' or heard that they do that.  Of course not one of the 6 birds would turn their head to the ground when I tried to point it out.  Now I'm not really sure that either of us knows what we are talking about!  Does anyone have the facts on this?
Speaking of Robins...Robin eggs...Easter candy.  Does anyone know how hard it is to walk by all the pretty Easter candy in say...Target????  Almost impossible.  Yesterday it seemed like a great idea to buy almond M&M's, Starbursts, or really anything just for the cute pastel package.
However, I walked away.  Why?  Three words.  Cadbury mini eggs.  Have I talked about this???
I once had a problem with the eggs.  First of all, they are nothing short of miraculous.  The chocolate is slightly salty, the shell the perfect crunch.  The best is if you suck on them.  Seriously.  It is a religious experience.
So, one year I bought a bag.  Then another bag.  It got so bad that I was eating them at 6AM on my drive into work, sneaking them in the car!  I don't know how many bags I ate that year, but let me tell you it wasn't pretty...there should have been an intervention.  So, now I have to walk away from them.
A friend of mine gave me a bag for my birthday.  That has been the only one this year.  It will stay that way.  However, the day after Easter they get marked down to a stupidly low price.  I will be chained up in the basement for the week.  I have to take precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment