Saturday, January 16, 2010

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head!

I know.  I KNOW!  I am terrible--I haven't posted in ages.  I am going to start making a date with myself to commit to writing because apparently some people are getting hostile!
So, here we are January 16th.  One of my New Years resolutions--making time to blog.  How's that working out Ali?  Yeah.

Anyways.  I was off to a client yesterday-unannounced.  Do you remember the New England Telephone commercials from the 80's or 90's?  It would always be some sad sap going somewhere that was closed, and their tag line was 'you should have called!'--then jingle 'We're the one for you New England, New England telephone'.
I think this commercial needs to make a comeback.  I know there is no longer New England Telephone.  I know that cell phone have taken over the landline market.  However, it really was the most helpful commercial because you really thought about calling before you made your way somewhere.

After circling downtown crossing for half an hour I gave in and parked down the street at the parking lot.  I trecked in my heels down the street.  The mysterious Boston water that falls from the sky falling on my head.
If you are from Boston, or have visited YOU KNOW what I am talking about.  It's a sunny day, you are walking down the sidewalk and mysterious water falls on your head, arms, face. It's gross.  You look up and you don't know where it is coming from.  It's like God is peeing on me and laughing at me because I can't see him.  God.  It's not funny. STOP peeing on me.  For real.

Anyways, yeah.  My client had just left.  I should have called!  'we're the one for you New England, but we no longer exist' or have helpful reminder commercials to call before you show up.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Boston. But what is important is that you do better with your blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! I do! You can keep me honest--and all my friends and strangers who are reading can motivate me by letting me know you are out there on this blog :-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete