Monday, January 18, 2010

Pizza and Bagels make me skinny.

So, as 'Blase' nicely pointed out--I need to 'do better on my blogging'.  I think he means post more often--and not do better with my stories or grammar.  He is totally right!  And I know that some of  you out there-you know who you are, are giving me grief about not a lot of posts.  Help me out--become a follower, and comment on HERE instead of my facebook...I mean still put it on my facebook so peeps know I have some fantastic things happening here.  Like strange Boston water and such.
Anyways, I will do my best to post 5 times a week if you get the word out!  Deal?  Good.  I feel better.


So, it's still New Years resolution time.  Obviously, the gym that I go to used to be comfortably filled at any given time.   No waiting for machines or any of that.  January 1.  Everyone and their mother decides that THIS is the year they are going to lose weight!  This is it--it is the magic of January.  I am going to stick to my goals.


Let me let you in on a secret.  Planet Fitness wants you to be fat. There, I said it.  LET ME ALSO SAY that I love Planet Fitness, it is clean, no non-sense, great price-fantastic equiptment.  But, they are counting on you staying fat so you don't quit.  How do I know?
Bagel Tuesday and Pizza Thursday.  The first Tuesday of every month--Bagels in the AM, with ALL the fixins.  First Thursday--yeah you got it.  Greasy, Cheesy, Pizza.  
Why?  Because they are the 'no judgement zone'.  Pay money, come here, work out... ohh, you didn't lose weight because you ate the Pizza we left out for you?  No Judgement!
It's actually a brilliant business plan.  You are on the treadmill thinking about your swim-suit, shorts, or ahem wedding dress.  And all you can think about is Pizza.  I don't know why I can't lose that last 5 lbs you say...OF COURSE YOU CAN'T.  They want to stay in business.  I sound like I am ranting..I'm not. I'm just saying.
I would be ranting if I complained about the people who just sit on machines to take a break or chat with their buddy so no one else can use them.  Or, if I talked about the grease-balls who think it's helpful to stare at my boobs while I lift weights.  OR, the other guys who stare at their own man-boobs and throw weights and grunt. No judgement!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Pizza , bagels and workout. Defibrillator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally,I am holding out for a donut day! Is there a way to make the font bigger in your blog? Maybe I am getting old...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison Leigh I am enjoying reading this. I have never read a Blog really. I hope you keep it up, I like reading about what is going on in your world. Keep it up. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete